How can I find out what my box is worth?
You can view the previous sales history for all boxes by using the Advanced Search function and selecting All Auctions. Naturally it will take some time for that history to develop. In the meantime Google is your friend! If you find yourself stuck, email us here [email protected] and we will help if we can. This is a member privilege. We are here to assist placing a value on stock that you have decided to list. Keep in mind, 9 times out of 10, the best determiner of value is the market.
Do I have to register before bidding?
- Yes, registration is free and you will be asked to register with us to ensure you're a genuine bidder and to confirm your contact information.
- Please note that registrations from FOH Auctions have been transferred over to the Bond Roberts platform.
How do I create an account?
- Select the register button in the site's header or click here.
What is SagePay Authenticate and Authorise?
- When you register you will be asked to enter your credit card information. This information will be sent to our our payment gateway provider SagePay who will cross-reference this information with your credit card provider via 3D secure fraud prevention.
Why is this necessary?
- This process is necessary for two reasons.
(i) To reduce the likelihood of fraudulent activity occurring on the Bond Roberts platform.
(ii) Identify any banned individuals so they cannot re-register.
I’ve created an account. When can I start bidding?
- Once you’ve been approved by an admin you can start bidding.
How do I edit my personal information?
- Log into your account and click on "Edit my contact details".
What are the membership tiers?
- There are three membership tiers: Primary (lowest), Gold and Platinum (Highest).
How do the membership tiers work?
- Every dollar bought or sold earns you points. With points you can advance to higher levels for more generous perks. With 1,500 (=$1500 bought or sold) points you go from Primary to Gold. With 2,500 points you go from Gold to Platinum. You have 3 months (calendar quarters) to collect enough points to advance to a higher level or maintain your current status.
What are the benefits of each membership tier?
- Each membership tier has varying seller fees.
- Primary (10%), Gold (5%) and Platinum (0%).
Is there a buyer's premium?
- Yes, all buyer's will be charged a 13.5% premium.
Can I retract a bid?
- If an incorrect amount has been lodged, contact us as soon as possible. If it does not interfere with the smooth running of the auction, we may consider retracting the bid to the winning bid amount at that point. Bids cannot otherwise be retracted.
Can I, or a family member, bid on my own auction items?
- It is illegal for you, or a family member, to bid on your own items in an auction. This is known as shill bidding and we have mechanisms in place to detect any occurrence of this.
Are there auctions with more than one listing?
- Yes, there are listings with mulitple boxes available at a Buy Now price. You can find these listings by going to Advanced Search and filtering by Buy It Now Only.
Do you have an "Ebay Style" Auto bid / Max bid feature?
- Yes, this allows you to enter an amount you would like the site to automaticlly bid in US $5 increments up to. If another user sets a Maximum bid higher than your amount, the current bid will jump to US $5 above your Maximum bid amount.
How much does it cost to list an item?
- There is no flat-fee for listing. Each seller will be charge a Seller's premium according to their membership tier.
Can I limit my auction to a geographical area?
- Yes, you can choose the regions/countries where you will deliver to.
Can I choose when my auction ends?
- You can list an auction for a period of 24 to 72 hours.
How do I know how my items are performing in the auction?
- You can track your auctions performance through your "Current Auctions" section in the Seller Dashboard.
Is there a seller’s premium to be paid on sales?
- Platinum members are charged a 0% seller’s premium, Gold members are charged a 5% seller’s premium and Primary members are charged a 10% seller’s premium.
When do I receive payment for the sale of my goods?
- Funds will be authorised to be remitted into your nominated bank once you have completed the post-sale terms and submitted a funds withdrawl request. The authorisation process can take up to 7 business days.
Does Bond Roberts charge any fees for withdrawing funds?
- No, Bond Roberts does not charge any fees for withdrawing funds. However, payments to your nominated bank account may incur fees from your bank or an intemediary bank handling the transfer on behalf of your bank. Bond Roberts is not responsible for these additional fees.
If I win is it a legally binding contract?
- If you fail to pay within the 72 hour period you will be banned from this website.
How soon can I pay for my winning lot
- You can checkout once the Post-sale terms have been agreed with the seller.
Is there a buyer’s premium to be paid on purchases?
- Yes, all membership tiers carry a buyer’s premium of 13.5% of the final hammer price.
When is payment due on winning lots?
- Payment must be made within 72 hours of auction end.
What payment methods are accepted?
- Credit Card (Visa & Mastercard).
Can I pay in any currency?
- Credit Cards will be charged in GBP following a conversion from USD.
What additional fees apply?
- Outside of the buyer's premium of 13.5%, you may be charged a currency conversion fee by your credit card provider or bank.
- Bond Roberts is not responsible for any additional fees.
What is SagePay?
- SagePay is a safe, simple, and convenient payment option that lets you purchase your winning auctions.
How secure is SagePay?
- All transactions are protected with SSL encryption and secure servers on the SagePay systems. SagePay carries out fraud protection your safety.
What is 3DS?
- 3D-Secure is the secure protocol designed to ensure enhanced security and strong authentication for you when you use your debit and/or credit cards for online purchases.
Is Bond Roberts responsible for shipping?
- No, Bond Roberts is not repsonisble for shipping from any third-party sellers.
- For items shipped from the FOH Online Humidor, FOH are responsible for shipping.
- For items shipped from the JJ Fox lockers, JJ Fox are responsible for shipping.
How do I contact BondRoberts Auctions?
Please refer to our terms and conditions for all legal information.